• Users : 298
  • Latest registered user : strawhatcrew
  • Visits today : 47
  • Total visit : 39109
akfgfragments Written on 8th November 2015 At 20:08:10
  • Super Administrator
  • Relentless
  • User since : 1st January 1970

Akfgfragments.com is not a simple fansite about Asian Kung-Fu Generation in which a single oversea fan dedicate all his free-time to build something for himself first, then for others.
Akfgfragments.com is a fansite built by a large number of fans coming from all over the world to an audience made of newcomers and hardcore fans.

And today, we meet again with the band for a brand new interview that is dedicated to you all !

Support the band now by getting their latest album Wonder Future and Best Hit AKG European version released by JPURecords !

Akfgfragments.com thanks Asian Kung-Fu Generation and the staff of Ajikan for this interview, as well as Mirin and all the team for their help in the translation process.
This interview is available in English - Français - 日本語 - Espanol - Deutsch - Portuguese

English

Akfgfragments: Based on the album credits, you are, Masafumi Gotoh, the only album producer, which is totaly new compared to the previous albums produced by the whole band.
For what reason and is this the beginning of upcoming albums only produced by yourself ?

Masafumi Gotoh: This time, the album has been recorded outside Japan, without any directors. So we had to take care of everything by ourselves. Facing this technical matter, we had to choose who was going to take up the reins and lead the recording. As a result, I suggested to do it first. Then, since we had a very tight schedule which we couldn't take care all together of the mixing verification, I went there alone, explained the situation to others, gathered their opinion and did a report for the mixing. That was my part.

The songs were recorded in 4 different places: Studio 606, Landmark Studio, Cold Brain Studio and Aoyama Compal Studio.
What did the recording in the USA bring more to the album and why did you chose Studio 606 in particular ?

Kensuke Kita: To use the Foo Fighters' Studio 606 was the chance to see "Sound City : Real to Reel" (a music documentary on Sound City studios of Los Angeles, directed by Dave Grohl and released in 2013). The Neve console (appearing in the documentary) is the one with which were recorded numerous artists albums that we all love so we really did wish to use it. Actually, we wanted to show off a little in going to that Foo Fighters studio (laugh).

Takahiro Yamada: When we made this album, Foo Fighters band name came out as key word at the beginning.

Kensuke Kita: We wanted to play easy songs made of strong rock n'roll, by creating the four of us 8 different rhythms.

Takahiro Yamada: We went to Los Angeles in the USA with that kind of motivation.

Kensuke Kita: Ijichi's drum skills changed a lot after we went to the USA. He first modified the sound of his drum.

Kiyoshi Ijichi: It's different from Japan: since we first set the bass, those who listened to the music did feel that it was different from Japan.

Kensuke Kita: When he modified his drum sound, I thought "the sound is very good !". I was so excited and I told to myself we did well to come.

Sound City informations

To the reader who didn't had the chance to listen to Wonder Future, album what makes it different from Landmark album according to you ?

Kensuke Kita: The big Tôhoku earthquake (11 March 2011) has greatly influenced "Landmark". After the earthquake, we gathered in the studio, we wanted to make songs and record them; we were very united. "We absolutely want to record our next album in Japan" that was our concept. So, regarding "Wonder Future", we wanted to record overseas. There is that big difference between those two albums.

Takahiro Yamada: One often thinks that Wonder Future is what happens next after Landmark

Kensuke Kita: There are so many different sounds in "Landmark" and the album itself is more joyful than "Wonder Future". As I said earlier, "Wonder Future" is a simple rock 'n roll album.

Kiyoshi Ijichi: It's something we did only the 4 of us.

Takahiro Yamada: With "Landmark" we were also 7 people on tour.

Kensuke Kita: That's true. Chorus and two musicians on keyboard and drums accompanied us.

First of all, worldwide fans thank you for having broadcast your penultimate venue of the nation wide tour.
How did the organisation went ? We believe it took a lot of time to set everything up.

Kensuke Kita: We are glad if we made the fans happy. It seems the show has been broadcast in its interity, "encore" included : that's awesome ! Even though it is about us, I thought : "Ajikan is generous" (laugh). I said to myself :
"that's great, we can watch the live at home drinking a beer".

That is true for Japanese people who couldn't attend to our shows during the venue but even more for overseas fans : until today, we never had such stage and Shimoryo (Keyboard) won't travel as guest for European and South America venues so we are happy the audience managed to see such stage. Sometimes I tried to take care of the camera but I think these moments weren't broadcast (laugh).

When are you going to do an USA tour and another one in Asia ?

Kensuke Kita: We often talk about going to do a tour in the USA and Asia. If the timing allows it and fans enthusiasm can be heard, we go for it as soon as possible. I particularly wish to play again in Los Angeles. We went again to New York to record but I'd like to go there again. I want to go to the USA and do an Asia tour again as soon as possible.

Tell us a little more about Uso to Wonderland. It's a wonderful to listen to Kita singing, we want to listen to him more often !!

Kensuke Kita: Yes. At the time of "Uso to Wonderland", Ajikan was, how can I say ?... in a dead-end. So when I got materials, I expected Gotch singing of course, but I was told "Ken-chan, sing just to see".
I didn't have that kind of thought so I was surprised at first but they supported me and I ended singing (laugh). That's how it happened. Then, I told to myself that it would be great to play it overseas, but I don't really know at the moment.

Ajikan staff: What do you think of the fans request "We want to listen to Ken-san more often" ?

Kensuke Kita: I'm very happy about it, thanks a lot.

When will it be your turn to sing, Yama-chan ?

Kensuke Kita: I already listened to Yama-chan singing at the karaoké.

Takahiro Yamada: I always sing in my heart (laugh). Maybe when my singing will get better...

Kensuke Kita: Actually, in Yama-chan demo we can sometimes listen to his beautiful voice. We enjoy it between us. Unlike you could imagine, he has a cute voice. We are calling him the last young man. It gives you an idea of his pretty voice (laugh).

Many fans are trying to copy Kita's "Distortion Sound" without success, what is your secret Ken-san ?

Kensuke Kita: I think I manage to create that sound with the amp I'm using for years and my Les Paul. I'm happy. People barely talk about my guitar sound when I manage to have that sound, so it is an honour overseas fans think that way and I'm glad about it.
During venues, I often play a monotonic distortion but when we are recording, I often touch the buttons. Then, I always feel that "density" (sound). I think we can get close to that sound when playing with low notes and distording them.

Do we have a chance to see one day a new version of your indies songs for your 20th anniversary ?

Kensuke Kita: It is not about our indies songs, however I can tell you that we already thought about making a new version of our first songs and that would be nice to do it all together.

We have often listened acoustic songs of yours. Will we have the chance to listen to an acoustic album one day ?

Kensuke Kita: Many bands release acoustic albums. Many years ago I don't know when exactly, actually during our Hall Tour in 2009, we played a part in acoustic. But thinking about it again and listening to it again, I think it's not that bad. I'd like to do it one day, during a venue for instance. But at the moment, nothing has been set (laugh)

To conclude, could you please each of you leave a short message to your fans ?

Kensuke Kita: I am extremely happy to know the existence of such huge Ajikan fansite overseas and to know so many people supporting us. In the future, I wish to keep making albums and tours that all of you could support. Thank you.

Kiyoshi Ijichi : We are coming back to France very soon, please wait for us !

Kensuke Kita : Yes ! I was so happy that many people waited for us once the show has ended. Fans wanted signatures and shake our hands.

Takahiro Yamada : That's true. They somehow gave us their love. 20 years ago, I couldn't have imagined that our music would export overseas so please support us, we will keep making songs and albums not only for Japan but also for overseas fans.

Masafumi Gotoh: Thank you so much for your flawless support. I am extremely happy about that. I never thought a single second that one day that kind of fansite managed by overseas fans could see the light one day, I will always pay a big attention to it.
I wish to see again this time alot of fans during our venue, thank you for your continuing support.

Français

Akfgfragments: D'après les crédits de l'album, vous êtes, Masafumi Gotoh, le seul producteur de l'album, ce qui tranche avec les précédents albums produit par le groupe tout entier.
Pour quelle raison et cela annonce-t-il des futurs albums produit exclusivement par vous-même ?

Masafumi Gotoh : Cette fois l’album a été enregistré à l’étranger, sans directeur, il fallait donc que nous nous occupions de tout par nous-mêmes. Face à ce problème d’ordre technique, il fallait donc tout d’abord choisir qui prendra les rênes et dirigera l’enregistrement. Du coup je me suis proposé en premier de le faire. Ensuite, comme nous avions un emploi du temps qui ne permettaient pas forcément de s’occuper tous ensemble de la vérification du mixage par exemple, j’y allais seul, expliquais la situation aux autres, réunissaient leurs avis et en rendait compte pour le mixage; tel était mon rôle.

Les chansons ont été enregistrées dans 4 studios différents: Studio 606, Landmark Studio, Cold Brain Studio et Aoyama Compal Studio.
Qu'est-ce que l'enregistrement aux Etats Unis a t-il apporté de plus à l'album et pourquoi avoir choisi le studio 606 en particulier ?

Kensuke Kita : Utiliser le Studio 606 des Foo Fighters était l’occasion de voir « Sound City : Real to Reel » [ndt : documentaire musical sur les Studio Sound City de Los Angeles réalisé par Dave Grohl et sorti en 2013] réalisé par Dave Grohl. La console Neve (qui apparaît dans le documentaire) est celle avec laquelle ont été enregistrés les albums de nombreux artistes que nous adorons donc on tenait vraiment à l’utiliser. En fait on voulait un peu frimer en allant dans ce studio des Foo Fighters (rires).

Takahiro Yamada : Quand on a fait cet album, le nom du groupe Foo Fighters est ressortit comme un mot clé au début.

Kensuke Kita : On voulait faire des morceaux simples de rock’n’roll fort, en créant 8 rythmes à nous 4.

Takahiro Yamada : On est allés à Los Angeles aux Etats-Unis avec ce genre de motivation.

Kensuke Kita : Après être allé aux Etats-Unis, le jeu de Kiyoshi Ijichi à la batterie a beaucoup changé. Il a tout d’abord modifié le son de sa batterie.

Kiyoshi Ijichi : C’est différent du Japon : comme on commence d’abord par régler la balance des graves, ceux qui ont écouté la musique ont senti que c’était différent qu’au Japon.

Kensuke Kita : Lorsqu’il a modifié le son de sa batterie, j’ai pensé « le son est très bon ! ». J’étais tout excité et je me suis dit qu’on avait vraiment bien fait de venir.

Au lecteur qui n'a pas eu l'occasion d'écouter Wonder Future, qu'est-ce qui différencie selon vous Wonder Future de Landmark ?

Kensuke Kita : Le grand tremblement de terre du Tôhoku [11 mars 2011] a grandement influencé « Landmark ».  Après celui ci, on s’est réunis au studio, on voulait faire des chansons et les enregistrer ; on était très solidaires. « On veut absolument enregistré notre prochain album au Japon » ; tel était notre concept. Donc pour « Wonder Future », on voulait l’enregistrer à l’étranger. Il y a donc cette grande différence entre eux.

Takahiro Yamada : On pense souvent que « Wonder Future » est la suite logique de « Landmark ».

Kensuke Kita : Il y a plein de sons différents dans « Landmark » et l’album lui-même est plus joyeux que « Wonder Future ». Comme je l’ai dit avant, « Wonder Future » est un album de rock’n’roll simple.

Kiyoshi Ijichi : Car nous l’avons créé à nous 4.

Takahiro Yamada : Alors que pour « Landmark », nous assurions également la tournée à 7.

Kensuke Kita : C’est vrai. Le chœur ainsi que deux artistes au clavier et aux percussions nous ont accompagné.

Tout d'abord, les fans du monde entier vous remercie d'avoir diffusé en ligne votre avant dernière date de la tournée nationale.
Comment s’est passé l’organisation de l’événement ? Nous imaginons que cela prend beaucoup de temps à faire.

Kensuke Kita : Nous sommes heureux si nous avons pu rendre les fans heureux. Il semble que le concert a été diffusé dans son intégralité, le « encore » y compris : c’est super ! Bien qu’il s’agisse de nous, j’ai pensé : « Ajikan a bon cœur » (rires). Je me suis dit : « c’est super, on peut regarder le concert chez soi tout en buvant de la bière ».

C’est vrai pour les Japonais qui n’ont pas pu venir à nos concerts durant la tournée mais d’autant plus pour les fans étrangers : jusque-là on n’avait jamais disposé d’une telle scène et Shimoryo (Key) ne venait pas en guest lors des tournées en Europe et en Amérique du Sud donc nous sommes contents que le public ait pu voir une telle scène. Parfois j’ai essayé de m’occuper de la caméra mais je pense que ces passages n’ont pas été diffusé (rires).

Quand allez-vous faire une tournée US et allez-vous refaire une tournée en Asie ?

Kensuke Kita : Nous nous disons souvent qu’on veut aller en tournée aux US et en Asie. Si le timing le permet et que la ferveur des fans se fait entendre, nous sommes partants dès que possible. Je souhaite particulièrement jouer à nouveau à Los Angeles. Nous sommes à nouveau allés à New York pour enregistrer mais j’aimerai encore y aller. Je veux aller aux Etats-Unis et nous voulons refaire une tournée en Asie au plus vite.

Dites-nous en un peu plus sur l’histoire de fabrication d’Uso to Wonderland. C’est splendide que Ken-san y chante, nous voulons encore entendre la voix de Ken-san !!

Kensuke Kita: Parfaitement. À l’époque de « Uso to Wonderland », Ajikan était, comment dire, dans une impasse. Du coup lorsque j’avais de la matière, je m’attendais bien sûr à ce que ce soit Gotch qui chante, mais on m’a dit « Ken-chan, chante pour voir ». Je n’avais pas ce genre de pensée donc j’étais surpris au début mais ils m’ont encouragé et j’ai fini par chanter (rires). Voilà comment ça s’est passé. Ensuite, je me suis dit que ce serait bien de la jouer à l’étranger, mais je ne sais pas trop encore.

Ajikan staff: Que pensez-vous de la requête des fans : « nous voulons encore entendre la voix de Ken-san » ?

Kensuke Kita: Oui, j’en suis très heureux. Merci beaucoup.

À quand viendra votre tour de chanter, Yama-chan ?

Kensuke Kita: J’ai déjà entendu Yama-chan chanter au karaoké.

Takahiro Yamada: Je chante toujours dans mon cœur (rires). Peut-être quand mon chant se sera amélioré…

Kensuke Kita: En réalité, dans la démo de Yama-chan on peut parfois entendre la belle voix de Yama-chan. On en profite juste entre nous. Contrairement à ce que l’on pourrait s’attendre, il a une voix mignonne. Nous on l’appelle le dernier jeune homme. Cela vous donne une idée de sa jolie voix (rires).

Beaucoup de fans tentent de reproduire le "Distortion sound" de Kita sans y parvenir, quel est votre secret Ken-san?

Kensuke Kita: Je pense que j’arrive à produire ce son avec l’ampli que j’utilise depuis des années et ma Les Paul. Je suis content. On me parle rarement du son de ma guitare lorsque je fais cela, donc c’est un honneur que les fans étrangers pensent ainsi et j’en suis très heureux.
Lors des concerts, il arrive très souvent que je joue une distorsion monotone mais lorsqu’on enregistre, je touche fréquemment aux boutons. Ensuite, je sens toujours cette « épaisseur » [du son]. Je pense qu’on peut se rapprocher de ce son en jouant avec les graves et en les distordant.

A-t-on une chance de voir apparaître une nouvelle version de vos chansons indé, pour vos 20 ans ?

Kensuke Kita: Il ne s’agit pas de nos chansons indé, mais je peux vous dire que nous avons déjà songé auparavant à faire une nouvelle version de nos anciennes chansons et que ce serait bien de le faire tous ensemble.

On a souvent entendu certaines de vos chansons joué en acoustique. Aura t-on le droit à un album acoustique de vos chansons ?

Kensuke Kita: Il y a bien des groupes qui sortent des albums acoustiques. Il y a je ne sais combien d’années, en fait lors de notre Hall Tour en 2009, nous avons joué une partie acoustique, mais en y repensant maintenant et en la réécoutant, je me dit que c’est plutôt pas mal. J’aimerai le faire un jour, lors d’un concert par exemple. Mais à l’heure actuelle, rien n’est fixé (rires).

Pour finir, pouvez-vous chacun laisser un petit message aux fans ?

Kensuke Kita : Je suis extrêmement heureux qu’il existe un si grand fansite d'AKFG à l’étranger et qu’il y ait tant de personnes qui nous soutiennent. A l’avenir je souhaite continuer à faire des albums et des concerts que vous tous pourrez soutenir. Merci.

Kiyoshi Ijichi : Nous revenons bientôt en France, alors attendez-nous !

Kensuke Kita : Oui ! J’étais très content que beaucoup de personnes nous aient attendus une fois le concert fini. Les fans voulaient obtenir des dédicaces et nous serrer la main.

Takahiro Yamada : C’est vrai. Ils nous ont en quelque sorte transmis leur amour. Il y a 20 ans de cela, je n’aurai pas pu imaginer que notre musique serait écoutée à l’étranger donc encouragez-nous s’il vous plaît, nous continuerons à faire des chansons et des albums non seulement au Japon mais aussi pour les fans étrangers.

Masafumi Gotoh : Merci beaucoup pour votre soutien sans faille. J’en suis extrêmement heureux. Je ne pensais pas une seconde qu’un jour ce genre de fansite tenus par des fans étrangers puisse voir le jour, j’y prêterai donc toujours une grande attention.
Je souhaite voir cette fois encore beaucoup de fans durant le concert, merci pour votre soutien continu.

日本語

Akfgfragments: アルバムのクレジットによると、今回は全部のメンバーではなくて、アルバムの唯一のプロデューサーという方は後藤正文で、先のアルバムとは違うんですよね。その理由は何でしょうか。次のアルバムもこれにしようと考えますか。

後藤:今回は、海外レコーディングで、ディレクターがいないというか、自分たちで全部の作業を管理しなきゃいけなかったんですよね。そういうテクニカルな問題で、誰か先導というか、舵を取る人間を決めておかないと物事が前に進まない状況だったので、「僕がやります」と最初にみんなに言っていろんなジャッジをしたりしたんです。あとは、ミックスのチェックとかも、全員で行くことがかなわない(出来ない)スケジュールだったので、僕だけ行ってチェックして、みんなを代表して、意見をまとめて、形にしますということで、そういうクレジットになっています。

Akfgfragments:アルバムの楽曲はStudio606Landmark StudioCold Brain StudioAoyama Compal Studio、四つのスタジオに吹き込まれましたね。このアルバムを米国に吹き込むという状況はどの程度にアルバムを影響しましたか。そして特に、なぜStudio606を選びましたか。

喜多:フー・ファイターズのStudio 606を使いたかったのは、デイヴ・グロールが監督した『Sound City~Reel To Reel』を観たことがきっかけです。(映画に出てきた)ニーヴ(Neve)のコンソールが、僕たちの大好きな数多くのアーティストのアルバムを録音したコンソールだったので、ぜひ使ってみたかった。単純にフー・ファイターズのスタジオに行ってみたかった、というミーハー心もありましたね(笑)。

山田:今回のアルバムを作るにあたって、キーワードとして、フー・ファイターズというバンド名は初めの頃から出ていて。

喜多:シンプルで骨太なロックンロール、8ビートを4人だけでやってみようという・・

山田:そういうモチベーションでアメリカのロサンゼルスに行きました。

喜多:アメリカに行ったことの影響は・・、ドラムなんか結構違ってましたね、(伊地知に)最初にドラムの音作りしてたんだよね。

伊知地:日本と違って、低音のバランスを整えることから始まるので、音楽の聴き方が日本と違うんだなというのを感じましたね。

喜多:ドラムの音がすごくいいなって、最初にドラムの音作りしてるときに思いましたね。これはやっぱり来たかいがあったな、と盛り上がりました。

Akfgfragments :Wonder FutureLandmarkとどのように違いますか。

喜多:『Landmark』は東日本大震災があったことで、スタジオに集まって、曲作って、レコーディングをやろうって一致団結して。「次のアルバムは絶対に日本で録りたいね」というコンセプトがあったんですね。で、『Wonder Future』は海外で録ってみたいっていう。そういう大きな違いがありますけど。

山田:『Landmark』を経てこその『Wonder Future』っていう感じがすごくあります。

喜多:『Landmark』はいろんな音が入っていて、アルバム自体は『Wonder Future』より華やかかもしれないですね。『Wonder Future』はさっきも言ったけれど、シンプルなロックンロールというか・・。

伊地知:4人だけで作ったものですから。

山田:『Landmark』はツアーも7人編成で回ったしね。。

喜多:そうだよね。コーラスと、キーボードと、パーカッションの3人をゲストを迎えてね。

Akfgfragments: まず、世界中のファンの皆さんは日本ツアーの一つのコンサートがネットで普及されたことにとてもありがたいと思っています。このイベントを行うのはどうでしたか。たくさん時間がかかるでしょうね。

喜多:喜んでもらっていたら僕らも嬉しいですね。アンコールもまるまる含めて最後まで放送されたみたいで、すごいそれは・・自分たちのことですけど、アジカンって太っ腹なんだなって思いましたね(笑)。おうちでビールでも飲みながら観られるわけですから、これはすごいことだなと思って。

ツアーに来られなかった日本の方にとってもですけれど、特に海外のファンの方にとっては、これから行くヨーロッパ、南米ツアーにはあの大がかりなセットは持って行けないし、シモリョー(Shimoryo(key.))もゲストにいないので、もし(このセットを)観てくれていたのだったら嬉しいですね。たまにカメラ目線をしてみたんですけど、たぶん抜かれなかったと思います。(笑)

Akfgfragments: 米国にツアーを行うつもりですか。アジアツアーも行うつもりですか。

喜多:アメリカやアジア・ツアーにも行きたい気持ちはすごくあります。タイミングと、みんなが熱い気持ちで呼んでくれたら、いつでも。特にロサンゼルスはもう一回行きたいし。ニューヨークもレコーディングで一回行ったんですけど、もう一回行きたい街なんで。アメリカは行きたいですし、なるべく早くアジア・ツアーなどやりたいですね。

Akfgfragments: 『嘘とワンダーランド』の作り方について教えてください。建さんがこの曲に歌うのはすばらしいですね。もっと建さんの声を聞きたいです!!

喜多:ちょうど、その「嘘とワンダーランド」ができたときは、なんというか、アジカンがちょっと煮詰まってる時期というかで、僕もネタを持っていったら、もちろんゴッチが歌うことを想定して持ってったんですけど、「建ちゃん、歌ってみて」って言われて。その考えがなかったので、最初はびっくりしたんですけれど、まわりにはやしたてられて、歌ってしまいました(笑)。そうですね。あとは、海外でも演奏できたらいいかなと思いますけど、ちょっとそれはまだわからないですね。

Ajikan staff: 「もっと聴きたいです」というリクエストはいかがですか?

喜多:はい。その気持ちが嬉しいです。ありがとうございます。

Akfgfragments: 山ちゃんもいつアジカンの曲を歌うでしょうか。

喜多:山ちゃんがカラオケで歌ってるのは聴いたことありますけどね。

山田:心の中でいつも歌っています(笑)。もっと歌が上手になったら・・かな。

喜多:実は、山ちゃんが持ってくるデモテープでは、たまに山ちゃんの美声が聴けるんですよね。僕らだけのお楽しみなんですよ。意外とかわいい声なんです。僕ら、最後の少年って呼んでるんです。そのくらいきれいな声。(笑)

Akfgfragments: 多くのファンが喜多さんの「Distorsion sound」をやりたいんですけれど、やっぱり難しいんですね。この「Distorsion sound」のコツは何でしょうか。

喜多:これは、僕が長年使ってるアンプと、メインのレスポールのサウンドのことだと思うんですけど・・嬉しいですね。そうやって、ギターの音のことってあまり言われることはないので、海外の方たちからそういう風に思われてるのは光栄だし、嬉しいです。 ライブでは結構、一本調子のひずみでやることが多いんですけど、レコーディングはツマミをちょいちょい変えたりしてるんですよね。後は、“太さ”っていうのをいつも意識していますね。ちょっと低音を効かせてひずませると近くなるんじゃないかなと、かように(そういうふうに)思います。

Akfgfragments: アジカンの20周年の際に、バンドのインディーの頃の曲を新しいバージョンでやると思いませんか。

喜多:そうですね。インディーの頃の曲ではないけど、昔の曲をリメイクする事は以前から出ていて、みんなでいいね、って話をしています。

Akfgfragments: アジカンは数の楽曲をよくアコースティックに弾いているんですね。アコースティックのアルバムをリリースするつもりですか。

喜多:アコースティックのアルバムを出しているバンド、いますもんね。何年か前、たしか2009年にホールツアーをしたときに、ちょっとアコースティック・コーナーをやったんですけど、結構今見返したり聴き返したりしても、なかなかいいなと思うので、いつかはやってみたいですね、ライブとかでもね。今のところ、予定はないですけれど(笑)。

Akfgfragments: 最後には、それぞれのメンバーがファンの皆さんにメッセージを伝えませんか。

喜多:海外でこんなに大きいファン・サイトがあること自体がとても嬉しいし、応援してくれてる方もたくさんいてくださって、本当に嬉しく思ってます。いつまでもみんなに応援してもらえるようなアルバム作り、ライブをしていきたいと思います。ありがとうございます。

伊地知:あと少しでまたフランスに行きますので、待っていてください!

喜多:そうそう、フランスは、ライブが終わったあとに、たくさん待っててくれてすごく嬉しかったよね。サインを求めてくれたり、握手を求めてくれたりして。

山田:そうだね。愛が伝わってくるというか。

山田:海外で自分たちの音楽が聴かれているっていうのは、本当に20年前は想定していなかったことなので、これからも日本だけじゃなくて、海外の方々にも聴いてもらえるような曲とかアルバムを作っていくので、応援よろしくお願いします。

後藤:いつも応援、本当にありがとうございます。とてもとても嬉しいし、まさか自分の国以外のファンの方によってこういうサイトを立ち上げてもらえるっていうのは思ってもみなかったことなので、いつもそのサイトの投稿を注意深く見ています。ヨーロッパ、今回もたくさんの方にライブを観てもらいたいので、引き続き応援よろしくおねがいします。

Español

Akfgfragments: Basándonos en los créditos del álbum, tú, Masafumi Gotoh, eres el único productor, lo que es completamente diferente comparado con los álbumes anteriores, que eran producidos por toda la banda.
¿Por qué razón? ¿Es esto un anuncio de que los próximos álbumes serán producidos solo por ti?

Masafumi Gotoh: Esta vez, el álbum fue grabado fuera de Japón, sin ningún director. Por lo que tuvimos que hacernos cargo de todo, nosotros solos. Tomando en cuenta este problema técnico, tuvimos que elegir quién tomaría las riendas y lideraría esta grabación. Como resultado, sugerí hacerlo yo, primero. Entonces, como teníamos un horario muy ocupado, en el que no podíamos darnos el tiempo de hacer todos juntos la verificación del mezclado, fui yo solo, explique la situación a los demás, pedí sus opiniones e hice un reporte para ello. Esa fue mi parte.

Las canciones fueron grabadas en cuatro lugares diferentes: Studio 606, Landmark Studio, Cold Brain Studio y Aoyama Compal Studio.
¿Qué le añadió al álbum, grabarlo en Estados Unidos? ¿Por qué eligieron Studio 606 en particular?

Kensuke Kita: Usar el estudio de los Foo Fighters era la oportunidad de ver la Sound City («Sound City: Real to Reel» documental musical en los estudios Sound City de Los Angeles, dirigido por Dave Grohl y publicado en 2013). Con la consola Neve (que aparece en el documental) muchos artistas han grabado álbumes que amamos, así que de verdad deseábamos usarla. En realidad, queríamos presumir un poco en el estudio de los Foo Fighters (risas).

Takahiro Yamada: Cuando hicimos este álbum, el nombre de la banda Foo Fighters salió como palabra clave, al inicio.

Kensuke Kita: Quisimos hacer canciones simples, de rock n'roll fuerte, creando, nosotros cuatro, ocho ritmos diferentes.

Takahiro Yamada: Fuimos a Los Angeles, en los Estados Unidos, con esa motivación.

Kensuke Kita: Las habilidades de Ijichi para la percusión cambiaron mucho después de que fuimos a Estados Unidos. Modificó el sonido de su batería.

Kiyoshi Ijichi: Es diferente que en Japón. Desde que se instaló el bajo, aquellos que escucharon la música sintieron que era diferente a lo que es en Japón.

Kensuke Kita: Cuando modificó el sonido de su batería, pensé «¡Suena muy bien!». Estaba muy emocionado y me dije a mí mismo que hicimos bien en venir.

Para el lector que no ha tenido la oportunidad de escuchar Wonder Future, ¿Qué lo hace diferente a Landmark, según ustedes?

Kensuke Kita: El gran terremoto de Tôhoku (11 de Marzo de 2011) influenció de gran manera a Landmark. Después del terremoto, nos reunimos en el estudio. Queríamos escribir canciones y grabarlas; estuvimos muy unidos. Nuestro concepto fue «Queremos grabar nuestro siguiente álbum en Japón, a como dé lugar» . En lo referente a Wonder Future, quisimos grabar en el extranjero. Hay una gran diferencia entre esos dos álbumes.

Takahiro Yamada: Uno, a menudo, piensa que Wonder Future es lo que pasa después de Landmark.

Kensuke Kita: Hay tantos sonidos diferentes en Landmark y el álbum, en sí, es más alegre que Wonder Future. Como dije antes, Wonder Future es un álbum de Rock n'roll simple.

Kiyoshi Ijichi: Es un álbum que hicimos solo nosotros cuatro.

Takahiro Yamada: Con "Landmark" aparte eramos 7 en el tour.

Kensuke Kita: Es cierto. Un Coro y dos músicos en el teclado y batería, nos acompañaron.

Primero que todo, fans de todo el mundo les agradecen por transmitir en vivo la antepenúltima presentación de su tour nacional.
¿Cómo estuvo la organización? Creemos que tomó mucho tiempo colocar todo.

Kensuke Kita: Nos alegra hacer felices a los fans. Parece que el show completo fue trasmitido, incluyendo el «encore»: ¡Eso es asombroso! Aunque haya sido sobre nosotros, pensé: «Ajikan es generoso» (risas). Me dije: «Es genial, podemos ver la presentación en casa, tomando una cerveza».
Eso es una realidad para los fans japoneses que no pueden ir a nuestras presentaciones, pero lo es aún más para nuestros fans de otros países. Hasta hoy, nunca habíamos tenido un escenario así, y Shimoryo (teclado) no va como invitado para las presentaciones en Europa y América del Sur, así que nos alegra que hayan podido verlo. Muchas veces intenté hacerme cargo de la cámara, pero creo que esos momentos no fueron captados (risas).

¿Cuando harán un tour en Estados Unidos y Asia?

Kensuke Kita: A menudo hablamos sobre realizar un tour en Estados Unidos y Asia. Si el tiempo lo permite y el entusiasmo de los fans es escuchado, iremos por ello tan pronto como sea posible. Yo, particularmente, quiero tocar de nuevo en Los Angeles. Regresamos a Nueva York para grabar, pero me gustaría ir de nuevo. Quiero hacer un tour en Estados Unidos y otro en Asia tan pronto como sea posible.

Para concluir, ¿Podría cada uno de ustedes dejar un mensaje para sus fans?

Kensuke Kita: Estoy extremadamente feliz de saber que existe una gran cantidad de fans al otro lado del mundo, y saber que hay tanta gente apoyándonos. En el futuro, espero seguir haciendo álbumes y tours que todos ustedes puedan apoyar. Gracias.

Kiyoshi Ijichi: Estaremos regresando a Francia muy pronto, ¡espérennos, por favor!

Kensuke Kita: ¡Sí! Me hizo muy feliz el ver que muchas personas esperaron por nosotros, cuando el show terminó. Los fans querían autógrafos y tomar nuestras manos.

Takahiro Yamada: Es verdad. De alguna manera, nos mostraron su cariño. Hace 20 años, no hubiera podido imaginar que nuestra música se haría conocida en el extranjero, así que por favor, sigan apoyándonos. Nosotros seguiremos haciendo canciones y álbumes, no solo para Japón, también para los fans al otro lado del mundo.

Masafumi Gotoh: Gracias por su apoyo incondicional. Estoy muy feliz por eso. Nunca pensé, ni por un segundo, que aparecerían grupos de fans de otros países. Siempre estaré muy atento a eso. Espero ver, de nuevo, muchos fans durante nuestro viaje. Gracias por su apoyo contínuo.

Deutsch

Portuguese

Akfgfragments: Baseado nos créditos do álbum, você, Masafumi Gotoh, é o único produtor, o que é algo totalmente novo comparado aos álbuns anteriores, produzidos por toda a banda. Por qual motivo isso se deu e esse é o início de álbuns posteriores serem produzidos apenas por você?

Masafumi Gotoh: Dessa vez, o álbum foi gravado fora do Japão, sem diretores. Então nós tivemos que lidar com tudo por nós mesmos. Enfrentando dificuldades técnicas, nós tivemos que escolher quem iria pegar as rédeas e liderar a gravação. Como resultado, eu sugeri de fazê-lo primeiro. Então, devido a nós termos tido um cronograma bem apertado, não pudemos cuidar disso todos juntos na verificação da mixagem, eu fiz isso sozinho, expliquei aos outros, recolhi suas opiniões e fiz um relatório para a mixagem. Essa foi minha parte.

As músicas foram gravadas em 4 locais diferentes: Studio 606, Landmark Studio, Cold Brain Studio e Aoyama Compal Studio. O que trouxe a mais para o álbum as gravações nos Estados Unidos e porquê vocês escolheram o Studio 606 em particular?

Kensuke Kita: Usar o Studio 606 do Foo Fighters foi a chance de ver “Sound City: Real to Reel” (um documentário musical nos estúdios Sound City de Los Angeles, dirigido por Dave Grohl e lançado em 2013). O console Neve (que aparece no documentário) gravou inúmeros álbuns dos artistas que amamos, então nós realmente queríamos usá-lo. Na verdade, queríamos mesmo era “ostentar” em ir para o estúdio do Foo Fighters (risos).

Takahiro Yamada: Quando fizemos este álbum, o nome da banda Foo Fighters veio como palavra-chave no início.

Kensuke Kita: Nós queríamos tocar músicas fáceis feitas de puro rock’n’roll, criando, nós 4, 8 ritmos diferentes.

Takahiro Yamada: Nós queríamos ir a Los Angeles com esse tipo de motivação.

Kensuke Kita: A habilidade do Ijichi na bateria mudou muito desde que fomos aos EUA. Primeiramente, ele mudou o som de sua bateria.

Kiyoshi Ijichi: É diferente do Japão: devido a termos primeiro definido os graves, aqueles que ouviram a música sentiram que estava diferente do Japão.

Kensuke Kita: Quando ele modificou o som de sua bateria, eu pensei “o som é muito bom!”. Eu estava tão animado e disse a mim mesmo que fizemos bem em ter vindo.

Sound City: Real to Reel

Aos leitores que não teve a chance de ouvir ao álbum Wonder Future ainda, o que o diferencia do álbum Landmark de acordo com vocês?

Kensuke Kita: O grande terremoto Tôhoku (11 de março de 2011) influenciou muito o “Landmark”. Após o terremo, nos juntamos no estúdio, queríamos fazer músicas e gravá-las; estávamos muito unidos. “Nós queremos gravar nosso próximo álbum no Japão, com certeza”, esse foi nosso conceito. Então, quanto ao “Wonder Future”, nós quisemos gravá-lo em outro país. Acho que tem uma grande diferença entre esses dois álbuns.

Takahiro Yamada: Alguém pode pensar que Wonder Future é o que acontece depois de Landmark.

Kensuke Kita: Existem tantos sons diferentes em “Landmark”, e o álbum em si é mais alegre do que “Wonder Future”. Como disse antes, “Wonder Future” é um simples álbum de Rock’n’Roll.

Kiyoshi Ijichi: É algo que fizemos apenas nós 4.

Takahiro Yamada: Com “Landmark” éramos 7 pessoas em turnê.

Kensuke Kita: Verdade. Backing vocals e dois músicos, em teclado e bateria, nos acompanharam.

Primeiramente, fãs ao redor do mundo os agradecem por ter transmitido seu penúltimo show da turnê japonesa. Como foi a organização? Acreditamos que levou muito tempo para organizar tudo.

Kensuke Kita: Estamos felizes por ter feito os fãs felizes. Parece que o show foi transmitido em sua plenitude, incluindo o “encore” (bis): isso é demais! Apesar de ser sobre nós, eu pensei: “O Ajikan é generoso” (risos). Eu disse a mim mesmo: “Isso é ótimo! Podemos assistir o show ao vivo em casa bebendo uma cerveja”.

Isso é verdade para os fãs japoneses que não puderam ir aos nossos shows durante a turnê, porém ainda mais para os fãs de outros países: até hoje, nunca tivemos tal organização de palco, e o Shimoryo (tecladista) não irá nos acompanhar como convidado na turnê europeia e sulamericana, então estamos felizes do público ter podido assistir tal palco. Algumas vezes eu tentei cuidar da câmera, mas acho que esses momentos não foram transmitidos (risos).

Quando vocês irão fazer uma turnê nos EUA e outra turnê na Ásia?

Kensuke Kita: Nós costumamos conversar sobre fazer uma turnê nos EUA e na Ásia. Se o tempo permitir, e se o entusiasmo dos fãs puder ser ouvido, nós iremos o quanto antes. Eu, particularmente, quero tocar denovo em Los Angeles. Fomos novamente a Nova Iorque para gravar, mas gostaria de ir lá denovo. Quero ir aos EUA e fazer uma turnê na Ásia o mais breve possível.

Para concluir, vocês podem deixar uma mensagem curta para seus fãs?

Kensuke Kita: Estou extremamente feliz em saber que existem tantos fãs do Ajikan fora do Japão, e por saber que várias pessoas estão nos apoiando. Obrigado.

Kiyoshi Ijichi: Nós estaremos de volta na França daqui a pouco! Por favor, esperem por nós!

Kensuke Kita: Sim! Estava tão feliz que várias pessoas nos esperaram depois que o show acabou. Os fãs queriam assinaturas e apertar nossas mãos.

Takahiro Yamada: Isso é verdade. Eles nos deram seu amor de alguma forma. 20 anos atrás, eu não poderia ter imaginado que nossa música iria para outros países além do Japão, então por favor, nos apoiem, nós iremos continuar fazendo músicas e álbuns não somente para o Japão, mas para fãs de outros países também.

Masafumi Gotoh: Muito obrigado por seu apoio perfeito. Estou extremamente feliz com isso. Nunca pensei por um só momento que algum dia este tipo de site, mantido e organizado por fãs de outros

países iria um dia existir. Eu irei sempre prestar muito atenção a isso. Desejo vê-los novamente, desta vez com muitos fãs em nosso show, muito obrigado por seu apoio contínuo.